Click here to download the Policy summary.
Please feel free to get a full version from the school.
The school is committed to providing an environment where all people can feel safe, happy, accepted and integrated. It is important that an orderly framework should exist within which effective teaching and learning can take place.
· Parents will be encouraged to support good attendance and behaviour through home-school agreements, parents’ meetings and newsletters.
· Staff will work closely with parents, carers and pupils to optimise the chances of every pupil succeeding; exclusion, whether fixed-term or permanent will be used as a last resort.
· In cases of Exclusion, the responsibilities of Parents/Carers, the Head Teacher and the Governing Body are outlined in this policy.
A full policy is available on request from the school office.
Who/what was consulted?
This policy has been written by the Health, Safety and Environment Committee: Andrea Rippon and Debbie Dismore (Head Teacher) using guidelines issued by Norfolk County Council. All staff have been consulted
Relationship to other policies/procedures
· Positive Behaviour, Discipline and Anti bullying Policy
· Positive Management of Violent and Aggressive Behaviour
· Single Equality Scheme
· Home School Agreement
· Whole school policy for Safeguarding, including Child Protection
· Supervision Policy
· Complaints Procedure
Roles and responsibilities
Arrangements for monitoring and evaluation
The governing body will evaluate the impact of this policy through receiving data analysed by year group, gender and ethnicity on the number and range of fixed-term and permanent exclusions each term together with the reasons. It will encourage debate about the relevance and effectiveness of the school’s behaviour management strategies, including the involvement of pupils and parents in forming policy.
Date approved by Full Governing Body: 26 April, 2011
Date for review: 2014