Parent Support Advisor for the CNS Cluster
We are very lucky to have Jo Lawn, the CNS Primary School Cluster of Schools, Parent Support Advisors based here at Avenue Junior.
Jo works with Colman Infant and Junior, Recreation Road Infants and Avenue Junior Schools. She is able to provide support to all families to enable parents to improve our young people's life chances.
She can help parents and their families by:
- Getting the most out of school life
- Providing impartial information about the schools and local services available to parents
- Helping parents to understand their child's learning and development e.g.curriculum and homework
- Giving support through transition stages e.g. moving schools
- Listening and talking to children and parents about any concerns or queries they have within the family or school. Promoting conversations between parents and their children
- Helping them to join in the various activities on offer in the school e.g. school visits, sports events, parents evenings etc
- Helping where attendance and exclusions are a concern
- Running parenting courses
Jo says "Parenting isn't an easy job and at times things can get tough - homework can seem daunting, finances are often stretched to the limit and problem behaviour can be really upsetting. I am here to help you deal with any worries or concerns about your child and to help you tackle any home issues that are making school life difficult for you and your family. If I cannot help you, then I can refer you to specialist agencies or support services if you wish.
I am available at Avenue Junior School each Tuesday from 8.30 until 9.30am on a 'drop-in' basis if you have any quick queries or for you to make an appointment to see me for a longer chat. If you have an urgent worry, please do not hesitate to contact me on the numbers below.
I am here for you and am looking forward to meeting you all."
To contact Jo for help, advice or support she can be cotacted at Avenue Junior School.
Phone: 01603 441034. Fax: 01603 441035. Mobile: 07795 637146